Friday 10 October 2008

Work Placement

I managed to get a week placement working with a Scenic Artist Nigal Lomas. This isn't a job I had thought about before however any placement within the design environment is a bonus.

I found myself working on the Coronation Street set, this gave me an insight into all the different roles played within Tv. As part of this placement I helped the Scenic Artist out on location in buxton, where the job was to make a piece of rock which was to be placed inside a cave. This was to cover up barriers within the scene which were to be hidden. This was very enjoyable. Nigal advised me that a scenic artists work was being taken over by print methods and was a dying career.

Throughout this week I was also able to engage with the Coronation street graphic designer.
The job wasn't the most challenging but allowed me to see that even Coronation Street needs graphic designer. Maybe I should start looking at in-house designers.

Overall my experience with granada gave me an insight into different job areas where I could fit myself into. I also got chance to appear in the audience of Jeremy Kyle, which was an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment